Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gendercide -- The Newest & Most Violent Trend in Pregnancies Worldwide


I'm going to touch on a rather touchy subject today. Above, you will find a video released from the anti-abortion group LiveAction, but before I go into much detail about that, I would like to make a few things clear about myself since abortion seems to be a hot topic lately what with all the insane laws that have been being passed lately, which you can Google if you'd know like more about them.
First of all, I am prolife. I believe that life starts at conception and that abortion is wrong. I view it as murder and, honestly, I think there are better options out there. I mean, even if you're a pregnant teenager, you could still give the baby up for adoption if you don't think raising it is the right option for you. I also don't like the fact that abortions allow some women who are prochoice -- some, NOT all -- to, for lack of a better word, whore around with whoever they want without having to deal with the consequences of their actions. And if you are a pregnant teenager -- or just a pregnant woman in general -- who's out there, reading this and thinking, "But I don't wanna get fat and go through all the drama and BS that goes with being pregnant!"....Well, here's my opinion on the subject -- if you didn't want end up that way, you shouldn't have been having sex in the first place, especially while you're still in high school. Or you should have been on birth control at the very least, which brings me to my next point.
I am not against birth control. I say this only because I am a member of a popular activist, environmentalist petitioning website on which a commenter stated, "Well, logically if you're pro-life and against abortion, then that must mean you're against birth control, too." Whether or not that person was being sarcastic, I have no idea, but it was still a stupid thing to say, IMO -_-
Personally, I think birth control is great for teenagers and college students and I think parents should probably start educating their children about condoms and birth control as soon as they start high school. Why? Because parents don't want their teenage children to have sex in middle or high school and not all teenage children are going to want to have sex at that age, but some of them will. So, IMO, those who do want to have sex or at least are curious about it in middle or high school should at least be able to come to their parents and say, "Mom/Dad, I think I'm ready to go on birth control/start buying condoms," then sit down to a long-ass lecture about STIs, teen pregnancy, and all the responsibility that comes with sex quite similar to the one they're likely to hear in health class the next day.
Please, do not think that I am anyway condoning teens having sex or teen pregnancy. I have a six-year-old sister living at home a couple states away, so, believe me, this is definitely something I worry about when it comes to her future. I am simply condoning the fact that kids are gonna stupid shit, especially when they're teenagers, so their parents might as well be accepting of it rather than yelling at them and threatening them in some way, shape, or form because, honestly -- at that age - I'm not sure they care.
Anyway, moving back on to the topic of the day as you can see from the video you have posted above, there is a new and deadly pregnancy trend that has both prolife and prochoice activists a-buzzing. That trend is being called "gendercide" and it is believed to have started in China. However, there are apparent reports of gendercide in places like Bangladesh as far back as 1971. In any case, the trend has spread globally to parts of Europe and Canada and even to the US. Now, I bet by this point, you're sitting at your desk, wondering what the heck gendercide is?
Well, simply put gendercide is when expectant parents have a late-term abortion performed because they wanted a baby of the opposite gender. It is usually most common, according to the reports, in cases where the parents were hoping for a boy, but found out they were expecting a girl instead. Despite the fact that the practice is most common in China, the trend has gotten so popular that it is now illegal in some countries and parts of Canada for the ultrasound technician to reveal an unborn infants' gender to their parents in order to prevent them from a performing a late-term abortion caused by gender disappointment, thereby forcing the parents to default to Team Green. Now, just imagine how you would feel if you were pregnant and went in for an ultrasound, expecting to find out the gender of your unborn child only to find out that the doctor wasn't allowed to tell you all because some people would rather have sons than daughters?
Not only is it unfair to you, but it's unfair to your family and to other people's families.
Not only that but in extreme cases, women are pressured into gendercide abortions not just once but multiple times. The article below tells the story of a woman from India, who was forced into gendercide abortions six times by family members who would have rather her had a son instead of a daughter --
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/04/23/india-woman-forced-into-six-sex-selection-abortions/
In my mind, these gendercide abortions are sick and they are murder and they are ten times worse than any regular abortion. By the time a pregnant woman finds out the gender of her child, it's brain and lungs and pretty much everything else has either already developed or already started developing, which makes it murder in my book.
In the end, though, I'm not going to attempt to force my opinion down anyone else's throat. I understand that everyone has an opinion and not everyone is going to agree with mine, and I'm not about to attempt to make a bunch of strangers on the interweb agree with what I have to say. If it were someone close to me who was considering abortion, then yes, I would probably try to talk them out of it and I know that I would be disappointed in them.
That's all for today's topic. If you would like to sign a petition against the gendercide abortions, please visit protectourgirls.com and search the video I have posted above.
To see what other features and whatnot I will be writing about in the near future, please visit the Announcements page.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed your visit to the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment